Throughout all of our business decisions and day-to-day operations, we are committed to making choices in support of our environment and society as a whole.
Waste has numerous impacts on our environment including the release of harmful toxins to our air and waterways. Additionally, our society’s consumer habits contribute to the depletion of many of our natural resources.
- Spyhouse is working to lessen our environmental impact through the following actions:
- Conversion of all packaging to compostable materials, including all to-go cups and lids
- Reduction of energy waste by converting to LED bulbs
- Compost collection at all Minneapolis locations and recycling in all cafes
- Majority of café furnishings are custom built using refurbished materials or sourced from local antique shops
- We encourage guests to utilize our reusable Klean Kanteen with a 15% purchase discount
- Retail coffee bag using Biotre by Pacific Bags, 60% compostable and made from 100% renewable materials
- Partner with a local dairy farm utilizing reusable bottles
- Offering compostable straws by request
- We strive to reduce food miles and ecological impacts by working with local and organic food businesses whenever possible; these partners include:
- Crystal Ball Dairy – a2 Certified
- Vikings & Goddesses Pie Co.
- Mojo Monkey Donuts
- Love You Cookie
- Superior Switchel
- Prohibition Kombucha
- Co-op Partners
- Trio Supply Company